lundi 23 avril 2012

Experimenting with Objects and Paintings: Intuitive Music Scores

                       
Natural Water Composition 1 -
I found this song while filming the thermal water of the Canions near  Permet, Albania 2012

                       
Hudson River Composition 1 -
I found a song while looking at this hudson valley painting in the Albany museum of
New York State 2003.

                       
Painting of Sculpture atelier Composition 2 -
I found this chant as I observed and listened to what the painting was describing in the Albany
museum of New York State 2003.

                     
Iroquois Painting of the Turtle world Composition 3 -
I deciphered the painting's shapes and found sounds to accompany them.

                    

Stool, arm Chair and Trumpet : Object Composition 1-
I found sounds by immersing my body with these 3 objects.


       Reading Paintings and Objects as Intuitive Music Scores:

                                    Translating their form into sound.

 Singing to paintings is a type of navigation from one area of the image to the other.  Drawing, painting or sculpting a feeling becomes a new language. I find myself looking at these visual compositions and spacial manifestations as new musical scores, which can help me find songs, and abstracted sounds, and creates a new energy. 

I realized this performance at the Albany museum of fine arts in Albany, New York. A suspended field of memory lurked around
the Hudson river valley paintings and Irokois silk screens by Tom Two Arrows, I wanted to bring
them into my present space by making soundscapes with my voice, my body and my breath.

I have also performed time travel songs in front of the Hittite and Hatian statue collection of the Ankara Museum of Ancient Anatolian civilization in Ankara, Turkey. 





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire